The train is perfect to travel to Den Helder by public transport. You take the train to Den Helder. Bus number 33runs between the ferry station and the railway station in Den Helder and leaves as soon as the ferry from Texel docks. Until 30 June, please follow the signs on board the ferry for the bus to the station
If you wish to travel further by bus on Texel (public transport), you will have to use the socalled OV-chipcard or buy a ticket in the bus. For more information on public transport: tel. 0900-9292 or www.ns.nl.
Link: Businformation Connexxion.
Bicycles are available for rent at the ferry harbour.
There are 4 spots on Texel for loading your OV-chipcard:
- Sigarenwinkel V/d Vis, Weverstraat 4, 1791 AD Den Burg
- Albert Heijn Supermarkt, Waalderstraat 48, 1791 EC Den Burg
- Plus Supermarkt, Kikkertstraat 11-13, 1795 AA De Cocksdorp
- Primera Mets, Dorpsstraat 84, 1796 BC De Koog
- NS kaartautomaat bij de Veerhaven op Texel, Pontweg 1 Den Hoorn