Bericht op Twitter plaatsen
Beautiful cycle paths
For those who rather cycle there are lots of beautiful cycle paths on the island. Texel offers 135 km of cycling paths and some are beautiful routes. A real recommendation is the cycle path alongside the Wadden Sea. Here you can cycle over the dyke, looking out over the water, with the sound of the sea in your ears. The old Waalenburgerdijkje between De Koog and Den Burg is also a beautiful route. Near De Koog and Den Hoorn you'll find lovely cycle paths along the dunes...and if you want a rest there's always an inviting terrace or café to be found along the way.
Signposted cycle route Texel
57 reference points - 170 km
From March 2011 Texel has a signposted cycle route with reference points. You determine your own route and your own distance. Freedom and flexibility are the keywords!
How does it work?
- On the information panels and on the map of Texel you see the numbers of the reference points. Moreover the distances between the different reference points are indicated.
- Remember the number of the starting point of your bike tour, in case you want tot finish where you started.
- Follow the numbered signposts from reference point to reference point.
- You can choose the direction of the next leg of your journey at each reference point.
- There is a limited number of reference points: 57. There are information panels with network map a various places. So not at every cross-roads, but that is not necessary here.
Enjoy your bike tour!
Lamb cycle route
The Texel Tourist Office lamb cycle route: a 35km long route past the sheep meadows on the island. Wonderful in the spring with all the lambs in the fields! In the accompanying book is lots of information about Texel sheep and lambs, such as the best way to roll a sheep back upright and what the coloured markings on the fleeces mean.
There is bicycle hire in most Texel villages. At diverse Texel bicycle rental shops you can also hire tandems and motorised bicycles. See the complete overview of bicycle rentals. The addresses can be found on our website under directory.
Three-wheeled scooter hire
Via the home care shop ‘Thuiszorgwinkel Texel’ you can hire a three-wheeled scooter. For more information contact the home care service at the Kruiswerkgebouw on weekdays between 1 and 2 p.m. Address: Schoonoordsingel 44, Den Burg, tel. 0222-314887 oder check out the website www.omring.nl.