Bericht op Twitter plaatsen
A Texel holiday for the whole family
Texel is exceptionally suitable for a holiday with children. You'll find it very easy to plan a child friendly holiday on the island. Rest assured, there won't be any regrets spending your family holidays on Texel.
Child friendly accommodation
Finding suitable accommodation for your family won't be a hassle whatsoever. Texel has a wide offer of accommodation types, varying from child friendly hotels and camping grounds to holiday parks. Most of Texel's holiday parks are particularly suitable for children. A wide range of activities is on offer, often organised and conducted by professional recreation teams. Many have fun play grounds and swimming pools for children to enjoy endlessly.
There are many public places on Texel where children can play. The wide and safe beaches are ideal for children to play their own game. Various tracks for walking and cycling have been established specifically for children.
For the little ones, the Sommeltjespad track is not to be missed. A Sommeltje is a kind of Texel gnome. These creatures show children the way through the forest.
- Starting point: Pelikaanweg near De Koog. Free access.
Forest play areas for children to play off track in the forest and build huts with broken off branches:
The forest play areas are marked by icons representing a child building a hut.
Playgrounds in De Dennen forest:
- near the play area on the Ploeglanderweg
- the sandpit near de Eksterlaan
- and the large playpit between the Nattevlakweg and the Heidevlakweg roads.
Don't miss it on Texel:
- Visit Ecomare seal sanctuary to witness the feeding of the seals up and close. There is a new attraction at Ecomare: porpoises! But there is so much more to see.
- You can observe the seals in their natural habitat by taking a trip out on the Wadden Sea on a shrimp trawler or one of the boats: de Vriendschap or Het Sop.
Cuddle sessions with lambs on Rozenhout sheep farm. Spring and summer only.
More fun activities on Texel for children:
- Swimming pool: Molenkoog heated outdoor pool in Den Burg.
- Indoor playground Texel (Kinder Speelparadijs Texel): climbing, sliding and jumping. Open daily. Free entry. Address: De Krim Holiday Park, Roggeslootweg 6, 1795 JV De Cocksdorp, tel. (0222) -390115
- Pony riding in the forest.
- Pick your own strawberries at Zelfpluktuin during the summer months.
- Labora Ice cream farm.
- Pirate ship. At the Oudeschild marina a 32 meter pirate ship, equipped with ropes, nets and a crow’s nest offers a fun attraction for children. There are also a small court to play nutmeg (panna), a barbeque area and a mini wadden beach. Free entry.
- Landgoed De Bonte Belevenis. At this estate, traditional craftsmen demonstrate their skills in baking, making soap, paper, candles and distilled goods. Use your Traditional Crafts ticket to have a go yourself. There are also a playground, a tea house and a brewery.
- Kindertheater Klif 12, where during the holidays, children are offered the opportunity to act and enjoy an optional meal afterwards. Naturally, the whole family is welcome.
- Child excursions with a ranger, visiting the seagull breeding colony, or finding the Twilight Shadow. The little ones will enjoy a guided trip with Leentje Lepelaar (Spoonbill Leentje). Make sure you book in advance.
- A knapsack adventure takes them out with their knapsack filled with discovery walks and nature tasks laid out just for children. Price: € 8.50 Tickets for sale at VVV Texel and Ecomare.
- Kaap Skil, previously the Maritime & Beach combing museum, in Oudeschild, offers a fantastic ‘VOC-experience’, a large beach combing section and a submarine that takes you on a Wadden Sea adventure. There are regular rope-making and fish smoking demonstrations.
For the older kids and teens:
- Klimmen EnZo climbing park.
- Labyrinth Texel. Open during the summer months.
- Take a GPS and discover the dune park at Ecomare. Amongst other things there is a special quest for teenagers and a discovery walk for children aged 10 to 12 years old.
- Outdoor activities, such as rafting, kite flying and stand-up paddling.