Today from : to :
Your cart is empty. Shop around and add some products!
Live blog: Corona Measures on Texel8 April 2020
VVV Texel will keep you informed via this page. VVV Texel has close contact with the Municipality of Texel, the Texel entrepreneur platform and TESO, so that we can share developments quickly.
VVV Texel is currently receiving a lot of phone calls, emails and WhatsApp messages, we do our utmost to respond to all your requests as quickly as possible. Tips for a faster response:
- Check if your question is among the Coronavirus FAQ page or in this live blog.
- Read the travel conditions of VVV Texel.
- Have you already contacted VVV Texel? We ask you to wait for a response.
- Has your question not been answered yet? Send your message to one VVV Texel channel. We ask you to contact us preferably by mail (email@example.com).
- Please state your reservation number if you have booked via VVV Texel.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Update Wednesday April 8, 2020 - 13.45
- Public transport services on Texel have been adapted to limit the spread of the Corona virus. In bus 28 you are requested to board through the back door. It is not possible to buy a single ticket. Therefore, travel with the OV chip card or an e-ticket.
- Paying with the OV chip card at the Texelhopper vans is no longer responsible. Therefore, until further notice, payment can only be made with the debit card via the SumUp in the Texelhopper vans. There is a temporary rate of € 2 one way. Do you have a subscription? Then you can still travel with the Texelhopper on presentation of the OV chip card.
Update Tuesday April 7, 2020 - 9.30
- The border between the Netherlands and Germany will remain open in the near future, but only for necessary border traffic. Unnecessary border traffic is called on both sides of the border to stay at home.
- Germans who cross the border for a multi-day stay in the Netherlands from Friday 10 April must return to their home quarantine for two weeks when they return to Germany.
- The border has remained open, because the border regions in the Netherlands and Germany are too intertwined to lock everything there.
Update Monday April 6, 2020 - 09.45
- The beach houses on Texel may not be placed on the beach until April 28, 2020. The North Holland North Safety Region decided this earlier. Because it appears that many beach houses can no longer be used in the storage space, it is temporarily allowed that they can be placed in the parking lot near the beach layers.
Update Thursday April 2, 2020 - 15.46
These Texel events have been canceled or moved to another moment in the coming period:
- In April: Lamb walk, Lifeboat day, NK Surfing, Meierblis, King's Day and National Museum Week.
- In May: Liberation Day, Wad 'n Concert, Special Beer Festival, Tour of Oudeschild, Johnny Rep Classic bike ride, Drive-in Cinema, NK Kitebuggy, Artex Popkorendag and the Wadden Bird Festival.
- In June: Long June, WAVES Festival, Round Texel and the Rede van Texel.
- In August: HavenVIStijn in Oudeschild.
Update Thursday April 2, 2020 - 09.35
Safety region North Holland North once again clarifies the closing of camping areas:
- Campsites / sites where mobile camping equipment is used with central toilet, washing and shower buildings are closed. This should also include the motorhome pitches, which can make use of central facilities.
- Parks with accommodations that have permanent sanitary facilities, such as chalets or holiday homes, can remain open.
- In areas where there are both central toilet and shower buildings and accommodations with a private shower and toilet, the central sanitary facilities are closed. The site will then only remain open to guests who have permanent sanitary facilities in their own chalet, holiday home or mobile home.
- Beach houses may not be used or built up. Day recreation is also not allowed.
- The measures apply until further notice until April 28.
Update Tuesday March 31, 2020 - 19.41
- The current corona measures have been extended until Tuesday 28 April. Schools, restaurants, museums and sports clubs will remain closed until April 28.
- The events and gatherings (with no lower limit of one hundred people) are still prohibited until June 1.
- The advice is: stay at home as much as possible, even during Easter and the May holidays. Keep 1.5 meters apart and the whole family stays at home in case of complaints.
- Camping areas and camper pitches with central toilet, washing and shower buildings are closed until April 6. Parks with accommodations that have permanent sanitary facilities, such as chalets or holiday homes, are open. In areas where there are both central toilet and shower buildings and accommodations with a private shower and toilet, the central sanitary facilities are closed. The site will then only remain open to guests who have permanent sanitary facilities in their own chalet, holiday home or mobile home.
- Sanitary facilities on campsites remain closed until April 28.
- There is a chance that the measures will also be extended after 28 April. At the latest on April 21, a week before April 28, the Cabinet will take a new decision on extending the measures.
- Tonight at 7 p.m. the cabinet will announce what the corona measures will look like after 6 April. Most measures apply until that date. It became clear yesterday that some, and perhaps all, measures will be extended. The question now is mainly how and until when.
Update Monday March 30, 2020 - 16.38
- Safety region Noord-Holland Noord provides clarification about the closure of camping areas until April 6:
- Camping areas and camper pitches with central toilet, washing and shower buildings are closed;
- Parks with accommodations that have permanent sanitary facilities, such as chalets or holiday homes, can remain open;
- In areas where there are both central toilet and shower buildings and accommodations with a private shower and toilet, the central sanitary facilities are closed. The site will then only remain open to guests who have permanent sanitary facilities in their own chalet, holiday home or mobile home;
Update Sunday March 29, 2020 - 17.51
- The placement and use of beach houses is immediately prohibited. The houses have an attractive effect on people. The locations where beach houses are normally located are designated as a prohibited area. There is no time limit in the regulation.
Update Friday March 27, 2020 - 10.11
- The Safety Region decided on March 26 that the campsites in North Holland North will remain closed until April 6 for the time being. The camping season cannot start yet due to the corona crisis. A number of campsites, such as' t Woutershok, De Krim and De Robbenjager, had already decided to wait until that date.
- The above measure applies to tents, caravans, campers and camping pitches without their own sanitary facilities. If a campsite has chalets, these chalets are usually open.
Update Wednesday March 25, 2020 - 16.08
- The Monday market in Den Burg will continue to take place. After all, a market is an essential part of our food chain. National corona measures are observed here. (Keep 1.5 meters away, stay at home as much as possible, stay indoors if you have a cold).
- The Texel marina is closed until June 1. According to the 'Wadden Islands Marinas Foundation', marinas cannot meet the requirement to observe a distance of one and a half meters.
- Supermarket chains and drug stores are currently limiting the number of customers in the store. A shopping cart is now mandatory at many supermarkets. This way, people can better keep 1.5 meters away. The use of a basket is mandatory in smaller supermarkets. Only a limited number of trolleys and baskets are available in the shops, so that it does not get too busy. If the store is full under the new directive, other customers will have to wait outside.
Update: Tuesday March 24, 2020 - 10.15
- The municipality of Texel has placed the frequently asked questions (and answers) about Corona that are asked to the municipality.
- All meetings and events are prohibited until June 1. Without a lower limit of one hundred people. On Texel, events such as Broadway, King's Day, the Meierblis and festivities around Liberation Day are canceled. Also various excursions can not take place and museums remain closed longer than until April 6.
Update: Monday, March 23, 2020 - 19:24
- Measures have just been tightened up during the national press conference. These include: fines are issued if no 1.5 meters are kept (in groups of more than 3 people), with a fever of a family member, the whole family must stay at home and all meetings and events in the Netherlands are prohibited until 1 June . Tomorrow we will share more details about what this tightening means for the activities on Texel.
- From Saturday 28 March, TESO will operate according to an adjusted timetable, with fewer crossings. You can view the updated timetable on the special TESO news page.
- As a result of low tide, the ferry will maybe cancel the crossing between 13:00 and 15:00 today. You can find current information about these ferry on the website of teso.nl/en.
- There will be a press conference in the Netherlands tonight at 7 PM. If there are any announcements, which also apply to Texel, they will be added to this live blog.
- Staatsbosbeheer Texel announces that their nature reserves will remain open, but it does request visitors to comply with the measures in force. Natuurmonumenten made a national appeal on Sunday March 22 to not go into nature. If you do choose to visit nature, please observe the following guidelines: avoid crowded places, always keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters and stay at home if you have flu symptoms.
- Last week many Texel companies started a collection and / or delivery service. Check the page 'Opened locations on Texel until 6 April 2020' to see from which companies you can collect food and / or products and / or have them delivered.
- More and more shops are adjusting their opening hours or closing temporarily. We advise you to check the opening hours before visiting the store. On the page 'Opened locations on Texel until 6 April 2020' you can see which stores also offer delivery service.
Update: Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 14:01
- The municipality of Texel reports the first corona infections on Texel. The measures of the GGD, the National Government and the RIVM previously communicated in this blog remain in force.
Update: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - 17.10
- To compensate victims, the municipality of Texel reimburses the costs already paid for the Texel e-vignette. This concerns all types of cards; annual, monthly or weekly tickets. Have you had to cancel your stay and want to be eligible for a refund? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, registration number and IBAN (account number). The costs are returned and the vignette is removed from the system.
- Read the message from the mayor of Texel on texel.nl (in English).
Update: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 14:56
Based on the reporting in the NOS news in the Netherlands, we receive many questions about the ferry service. This is important to know:
- The Texel ferry service TESO operates its timetable normally. Travelers must remain in their vehicle during the 20-minute crossing and purchase an e-ticket online before departure so that they do not have any contact with other people.
- On average, about 40 pedestrians and cyclists are taken on board per departure. On the spacious lounge deck (with a surface of over 3,000 m2) it is easy for these passengers to keep 2 meters away from other people.
- These measures guarantee a safe crossing for everyone. All information about travel, measures and the sailing schedule can be found at www.teso.nl.
Update: Monday, March 16 14:11
The hotels restaurants are closed, breakfast / lunch / dinner is now offered to guests exclusively through room service.
The national telephone fault has been resolved, making VVV Texel now also available by telephone. You can also send your questions to email@example.com and Whatsapp: +31683357827.
- The excursions of Staatsbosbeheer are canceled until April 6.
- Due to a national telephone fault, VVV Texel is now not available by phone. You can send your questions via firstname.lastname@example.org and Whatsapp: +31683357827.
- Do you have a question about the coronavirus and Texel? We have just published the most frequently asked questions and answers on the Coronavirus FAQ page.
- Are you now on Texel? Then we would like to refer you to the page 'Opened locations on Texel until 6 April 2020', where we inform you about the locations and facilities that are open.
- VVV Texel is currently receiving a lot of telephone calls and emails, we do our utmost to respond to all your requests as quickly as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. VVV Texel will continue to keep you informed via this live blog.
- VVV Texel is currently receiving a lot of phone calls and emails, we do our utmost to respond to all your requests as quickly as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. VVV Texel will continue to keep you informed via this live blog.
- The doctor's practices remain open for essential (emergency) care. It is not possible to come to the practice yourself, you are always requested to contact us by telephone first. People with respiratory complaints are requested not to enter the Texel Pharmacy.
Update: Sunday, March 15
- The weekly market in the center of Den Burg continues on Monday March 16. The market takes place from 08:00 to 13:30.
- The VVV Texel store is closed until further notice. VVV Texel remains accessible by telephone, WhatsApp and e-mail. You can find opening hours and contact details on our contact page.
- Hotels remain open on Texel and only serve breakfast / lunch / dinner to hotel guests.
- TESO has just reported: if on 15 March at the last crossing of 9:00 pm not all passengers can be transported from Texel to Den Helder, the ferry service will deploy an extra crossing. From Monday, March 16, TESO will continue to operate the sailings in accordance with the timetable, the timetable can be found at www.teso.nl/en/.
- In the Netherlands and also on Texel, all food and beverage outlets, sports centers and saunas will be closed on March 15 at 6 p.m. This new measure applies until April 6, just like all other measures that were previously reported on this live blog.
- At 5.30 pm there will be a press conference of the ministers, where stricter measures for the Netherlands will be announced. Afterwards, we will share on this page which stricter measures also apply to Texel.
- We would like to remind you once again of the prescribed hygiene measures (read them on the RIVM site) with the request to observe them. These measures are of course also taken into account by the companies on Texel. In addition, various restaurants and activity locations on Texel limit their capacity to a maximum of 100 people (until 31 March 2020).
- As a precaution Beachclub Texel closes until further notice.
Update: Saturday, March 14
- Keep in mind that for the time being on Texel many companies are asking to pay with the pin - instead of cash.
- The flea market of Den Hoorn was canceled until March 31. The services of the Protestant churches on Texel will be broadcast online in March.
Update: Thursday, March 13
As a precaution, Restaurant Bij Jef closes from 18 to 31 March. Restaurant Wad Lekker is also temporarily closed as a precaution
The Tasting Room of the Texel Beer Brewery ('Texelse Bierbrouwerij') is closed from Monday, March 16, the tours are canceled until at least March 31, 2020.
- The events 'Beethoven Scratch' and the 'Reddingbootdag KNRM' have been canceled.
- Texel companies take extra hygiene measures: disinfectant soap is present at washbasins, employees wash their hands extra often, extra cleaning rounds are set in, no hands are shaken when greeting and employees with minor complaints stay at home.
- Various restaurants and activity locations on Texel limit their capacity (until 31 March 2020) to a maximum of 100 people. You will be informed of this at the entrance of the relevant locations. In the Texel Agenda you can find an overview of the activities that will take place in the coming period.
Update: Thursday, March 12
At the request of the national government, Texel is taking measures related to the corona virus in the Netherlands:
- The TESO ferry service requests that vehicle occupants remain in the vehicle as much as possible. Cyclists and pedestrians are asked to spread as much as possible in the salons. Extensive hygiene measures have been taken on board. The ferry service will not go out of service.
- The larger museums Museum Kaap Skil, Ecomare and the lighthouse are closed until March 31, 2020.
- The following events have been canceled: Halve Marathon De Waal, Texelpop, Lindeboom Live, Johannes Passion, Ode aan De Krim, Museum waelstee and the Spring Concert of Excelsior. In the Texel Agenda you can find an overview of the activities that will continue.
Do you want to know what the current situation means for your booking via VVV Texel and / or a holiday to the island? Then contact VVV Texel via our contact page. On the website of the Association for Insurers you can see what a possible cancellation means for a booking made with a cancellation / travel insurance. For official information about the corona virus and health advice, we recommend that you consult the Dutch RIVM site.