Texel's best of 2016
We are proud to report that our Wadden Island of Texel received plenty of national and international interest and recognition in 2016. The list below presents a current overview of Texel’s Best!
Texel's best of 2016!
- Texel ranks among the top 10 on Lonely Planet’s Best of Europe List. Texel’s amazing beaches, exceptional nature, its summer festivals, the range of overnight accommodation and our cafés and restaurants that feature local products were mentioned as reasons for this special nomination.
- The Dutch themselves, with an overwhelming majority, voted the Wadden Sea region as the Netherlands’ loveliest wildlife area.
- TESO launched a new, environmentally friendly ferry, the Texelstroom.
- A 17th-century court dress, in incredible condition, was found by local divers in a Wadden-Sea wreck close to the island and made global headlines. The exhibition on the exceptional discoveries from the Palmhout wreck, as it is known, in Museum Kaap Skil attracted a record number of visitors.
- Beanery De Twaalf Balcken in Den Burg rose to twelfth place in Misset Horeca’s Café Top 100, the influential rankings for catering establishments.
- Top-class gourmet favourites on Texel: Michelin has just announced that Bij Jef is to prolong its star while Wambinge and Vincent Eilandkeuken are listed in Lekker’s Top 500 for 2017.
- Hotel Kogerstaete in De Koog was awarded the title of Best Hotel in the Netherlands by Zoover, for their rating of 9.8. In addition, the chalets at Campsite Coogherveld, also in De Koog, won an Orange Zoover Award and received a 9.5 rating.
- Texel, island of sports: Dorian gold at the Olympic Games 2016 and Larissa Klaassen: silver at the Paralympics in Rio.
If you are looking for overnight accommodation on Texel with the best reviews, then you have come to the right place. View the holiday cottages, hotels, holiday parks, campsites and B&B addresses with the best reviews here.